Friday, 2024-03-29, 5:25 PM
Welcome Newbie |
RSS

Main | Club Test 02 - release date & comments - Page 6 - City 06 Community | Registration | Login
Coming up next

Music

Statistics

Friends

Forum moderator: Effa_, BadabummChaCha  
    City 06 Community » Bloom 06 English Section » General Bloom 06 (English) » Club Test 02 - release date & comments
    Club Test 02 - release date & comments
    GabiDate: Sunday, 2009-07-05, 1:21 PM | Message # 76
    Eiffel 65
    Group: Site Admin
    Quote (piotrekprz)
    kind of music, which he is now making is total disaster for me

Amen.

And I have to say that I agree with the rest of your post as well. ;)

OggiDate: Sunday, 2009-07-05, 1:40 PM | Message # 77
    Beats & Sweat
    Quote (piotrekprz)
    What about Bloom - they changed their music after Eiffel 65 crash.

Its not only about their music - everything sucks bout them : their clothes, their style of performing ,i just cant take this seriously when Lobina jumps with his "harmonica" all over the scene and Jeff just opens his mouth to the record - it is all ridicilous. Their music is far from dance - it is a pop. Even club test 02 is 90% pop , only "Beats and Sweat" tunes are outstanding.

Even while listening to Beats And Sweat i have a strange feeling of DEJA VU - all this i've heard in Guru Josh Project - Infinity...

Gabry's stuff also sucks, but his Blue remix is great, at least listenable club remix unlike Bloom's pseudoclub - pop remix titled as club

Eiffel 65 tried to make their music different from other artists , they tried to achieve stated goals , they were famous all over the world...now i can see only too grown men (Maury have ur hairs CUT , Jeffrey ,pls SHAVE its AWFUL) making some creepy pop. Lets wait - club test 02 was the first candle in the darkness.

DogboyShugoDate: Sunday, 2009-07-05, 10:26 PM | Message # 78
    Europop
    Group: V.I.P.
    Im sorry but i have to disagree there Oggi. I think their sound and music is quite unique and that's one of the main things I like about them. Theres also nothing wrong with their appearances either. If they want to make their music and look that way then whos to say it's wrong? Yeah, their music may not sound completely like Club and more Pop but they like what they make and that's all that matters.

Music is a type of art and same with lyrics. They appreciate it the art they're making so theres nothing wrong with what they're doing. A selected few don't like their style now but I honestly think that Eiffel 65 was the child version of them. Bloom 06 has better lyrics and not only that but their lyrics have a lot more meaning and understanding. Yeah, most people in the world know who Eiffel 65 is over Bloom 06 because of their biggest hit "Blue" but that was 10 years ago and was one of the big dancy one hit wonder things in most countries.

Eiffel 65 = Fun, Dancy, Childish Version but there is nothing wrong with that
    Bloom 06 = Fun, Maturity, and still dancy version

~~lost in my own paradox~~

MaZhiNDate: Monday, 2009-07-06, 4:23 AM | Message # 79
    Europop
    Group: BANNED
    I'm still waiting for the "next" Too Much of Heaven. That song was great on so many different levels and I see it as the best overall work of Eiffel 65. Speaking of which: where's TMOH '08? Club Test 03.....plz?

Edit: I think that Eiffel 65 was just as much Pop as Bloom 06 with the exception of Crash Test 01 (Electronica/Pop/Alternative). Just because they called it "Electronica & Dance" doesn't mean that it's strictly club or rave music. Europop had one rave/acid song and it was Europop. Your Clown was in the style of Depeche Mode. Crash Test 02 is the same thing. It has it's E&D tracks (BTL, Anche, BNLY) and it's Pop/Rock tracks(Fall, Reaching for the stars, WTTZ).
    Europop was heavily criticized for having too many tracks that sounded very much the same, I'm sure you guys can all figure out which ones. That's why ever since, they've tried to stay fresh and not have any songs that were "clones" of one-another and they certainly don't want to have two albums that have the exact same sound.
    Club Test 02 is all dance music and for that reason, I'd say that it qualifies as club. It makes no difference whether you call it Pop, Dance Pop or Electronica: club is club.

Added (2009-07-06, 4:23 Am)
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote (Oggi)
    Even while listening to Beats And Sweat i have a strange feeling of DEJA VU - all this i've heard in Guru Josh Project - Infinity...

The songs are barely in the same style. Sure there are some very small similarities but there's no way that you can tell me that B&S is a rip-off of this song.
    But I know that all you're saying is that they remind you of each-other, which is your own business :)

Message edited by MaZhiN - Monday, 2009-07-06, 4:15 AM

OggiDate: Monday, 2009-07-06, 5:33 AM | Message # 80
    Beats & Sweat
    Quote (DogboyShugo)
    I think their sound and music is quite unique

Any argues? I see no well-reasoned speech just "i like" , "i think" ,i think that the Earth is flat and whats next? :D

Quote (DogboyShugo)

Music degradation doesnt mean maturity or gimme my toys back - i dont wanna be adult.

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    their music may not sound completely like Club

It has as much coherence with Club as with Hard-Rock. B)

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    Music is a type of art and same with lyrics

They humiliate the art thou! :D

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    Eiffel 65 was the child version of them

I've just written what Eiffel 65 was and what Bloom 06 is. ;) How many people know Bloom 06 , ha? Some small groups of fan in Italy?

Quote (MaZhiN)
    I'm still waiting for the "next" Too Much of Heaven.

That makes two of us... ;)

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    Bloom 06 has better lyrics

Far point, they have, but eiffel 65 had wonderful lyrics either (contact+eiffel 65).

Quote (MaZhiN)
    I think that Eiffel 65 was just as much Pop

It was unique, catchy and dancy. I see none of these music features in Bloom 06.

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Electronica

Whatd u mean by saying Electronica ? Trance, Goa-Trance, Psy-Trance, PsyChill, Ambient Dub ,House, Techno, Hardcore, Hardstyle, Jumpstyle ,Drum & Bass, Jungle, Breakbeat, Dubstep, IDM, Industrial, Noise, EBM, Dark Electro, Aggrotech, Synthpop, New Wave, Traditional Electronic, Ambient, Experimental ??? What? U see there are lots of things can be called Electronica. ;)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    exception of Crash Test 01

Its nothing but Electro Pop.

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Alternative

OMG... :D

Quote (MaZhiN)
    doesn't mean that it's strictly club or rave music

If u call album Club Test u are to make sure there is only CLUB. ;) It would be logical.

Quote (MaZhiN)
    rave/acid song

Should i upload some real acid for u to listen and compare things? ;)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Pop/Rock

OMG № 2... Should i upload some real POP-ROCK things for u to compare?

Quote (MaZhiN)
    any songs that were "clones"

But there were some - Now is Foreve & Cosa Restera , Move Your Body + One Goal. But they were really nice and unique and it was great job its not a shame to pay for.

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Club Test 02 is all dance music

Pop ah

Quote (MaZhiN)
    It makes no difference whether you call it Pop, Dance Pop or Electronica: club is club.

Google it, baby :D

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Sure there are some very small similarities

Like the same melody played in other mode and sequence by Bloom ? :D But we have to face - lots of house sounds alike.

LikonanDate: Monday, 2009-07-06, 10:44 AM | Message # 81
    Europop
    Quote (DogboyShugo)
    I think their sound and music is quite unique and that's one of the main things I like about them.

I do honestly think he has a point there. I haven't heard many artists who use the same Electroclash Beats as Bloom 06. :)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    I'm still waiting for the "next" Too Much of Heaven. That song was great on so many different levels and I see it as the best overall work of Eiffel 65. Speaking of which: where's TMOH '08? Club Test 03.....plz?

I'd like to see them make remixes of Lucky (In My Life), and Back In Time, as well. :D

bapjapDate: Monday, 2009-07-06, 3:43 PM | Message # 82
    Europop
    Quote (Oggi)
    Even while listening to Beats And Sweat i have a strange feeling of DEJA VU - all this i've heard in Guru Josh Project - Infinity

i don't notice a similairty at all B) ,

Quote (Oggi)
    Eiffel 65 tried to make their music different from other artists , they tried to achieve stated goals , they were famous all over the world

not exactly.. after europop was released only small group's of people [perhaps even less, knew them in the united states]. When Contact! came out, no one over here knew about it's release.

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    Eiffel 65 = Fun, Dancy, Childish Version but there is nothing wrong with that

perfect explanation. Bloom 06 sounds a lot older than Eiffel 65. "One Goal"? come on that was just one word repeated numerous times :(

Quote (Oggi)
    Hardcore, Hardstyle, Jumpstyle

wonderful genres on a side note ar

Quote (MaZhiN)
    I'm still waiting for the "next" Too Much of Heaven.

i think i asked this before, but idk if someone answered it. wasn't "between the lines" supposed to be the new single from Bloom 06?

Message edited by bapjap - Monday, 2009-07-06, 3:45 PM

DogboyShugoDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-07, 10:56 AM | Message # 83
    Europop
    Oggi, I don't appreciate you getting sarcastic with my opinion. Me saying I "think" they sound unique is just a way of me seeing that they sound unique to me.

~~lost in my own paradox~~

MaZhiNDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-08, 3:41 AM | Message # 84
    Europop
    Oggi, I understand that you have vast knowledge of all forms of music, rivaled only by God himself... but you're reading too much into things.
    Also, I understand that not everyone here's first language was English but Oggi you're taking everything I say out of context. What I was saying about CT01 was that it was more Pop then Eiffel 65 and other Bloom releases so in a way I was agreeing with you.

What I mean by clones: Songs that don't necessarily use the same melodies but are structured nearly identically and have exactly the same style, sound and feel. In other words, the song is "recycled" I know that this is vague but here are some examples from Europop---
    Blue/MYB/Dub in Life/Another Race/The Edge/Hyperlink.
    Another review with the same opinion:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,64517,00.html

You said that I was being too vague when I say Electronica: Pop/Rock and Club are two terms that are just as vague so if you want me to be more specific, you need to be more specific as well. If you want to tell me that Club Test 02 isn't Trance or House, then I will agree. When you tell me it's not club you need to be more specific.

The song Europop was clearly an attempt at Acid/House music so don't even try to say otherwise. Source: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,928895,00.html

OggiDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-08, 6:35 AM | Message # 85
    Beats & Sweat
    Quote (bapjap)
    wonderful genres on a side note

B) true ar

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    I don't appreciate you getting sarcastic with my opinion.

;) Sorry man, i couldnt help being sarcastic ah

Quote (DogboyShugo)
    Me saying I "think" they sound unique is just a way of me seeing that they sound unique to me.

I got it, but whats next? i was hoping to hear some argues.... :)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Also, I understand that not everyone here's first language was English but Oggi you're taking everything I say out of context.

Its not about english , i've got what u mean, i just dont understand why u called style or genre whatever it is - rock (pop-rock?) and alternative (pop i hope?) and either way i see no difference between alt.pop and ordinary pop its all invented i dunno why just to lead listener astray or what?

Quote (MaZhiN)
    Blue/MYB/Dub in Life/Another Race/The Edge/Hyperlink

U forgot Silicon World ;)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    If you want to tell me that Club Test 02 isn't Trance or House, then I will agree. When you tell me it's not club you need to be more specific.

I've got now the point of misunderstanding. Club music in my country is smth like house, progressive house, tech-house, hip-hop and trance. The way u've said bloom does not belong to any of these styles. No one would ever make Bloom the part of the show otherwise this DJ will be fired :D I worked as a Dj so i know that. But in the same time i really have no idea what is playing in ur clubs so sorry ;)

Quote (MaZhiN)
    The song Europop was clearly an attempt at Acid/House music so don't even try to say otherwise.

:D So obviously they failed to do it, "house and acid" of the past sounds exactly like present day pop so im sorry ,should i upload real acid? ah

do u want me to rely on this review? ;) i agree about hip-hop & funky roots in LIAB and TMOH but sorry acid house sounds different from europop song. Sure, there're some similarity but europop sounds too mild and pop-ish :)

Quote (bapjap)
    not exactly.. after europop was released only small group's of people [perhaps even less, knew them in the united states]. When Contact! came out, no one over here knew about it's release.

Nope, at least here, in Russia they had lots of fans when Contact was realeased ,lots of people were waiting for it, all that u're saying happened with their third album - lots of people forgot about them in 2003.

MaZhiNDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 3:29 AM | Message # 86
    Europop
    Ok Oggi, I get ya. Here in Montreal the DJ's like MC Mario are free to play many different kinds of music. Nek ft. Eiffel 65 La Vita E was actually on one of his compilation albums (that's where I got it). Whenever they play music live from clubs on the radio they mix stuff like Madonna in with Tiesto, Bennassi and Daft Punk :D it's a weird combo but that's how they do it here.
    It's good to hear how things are in other places of the world though.

Quote (Oggi)
    Sure, there're some similarity but europop sounds too mild and pop-ish

That's for sure. The radio and tv samples are the best ;)

Added (2009-07-09, 7:35 Am)

Quote (Oggi)
    So obviously they failed to do it, "house and acid" of the past sounds exactly like present day pop so im sorry ,should i upload real acid?

I agree, but I still find that it's Eiffel's take on that style. Even if it's a failure.

Added (2009-07-15, 3:29 Am)
    Whoever uploaded B&S radio edit should upload the whole EP in 320kbps or Apple Lossless if they can. If you don't know how, PM I'll walk you through it.

Message edited by MaZhiN - Thursday, 2009-07-09, 7:33 AM

bapjapDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 4:24 AM | Message # 87
    Europop
    Quote (Oggi)
    Nope, at least here, in Russia they had lots of fans when Contact was realeased ,lots of people were waiting for it, all that u're saying happened with their third album - lots of people forgot about them in 2003.

point exactly... on a side note too though, when eiffel 65 was still around, no one knew Gabry too. Besides his fans in Italy, no one else knows of him B)

I'll still go on about him too, he had good dance music like Depends On You, Memories, Time to Rock, etc.. now, his robotic style is not really "club" if tha's what your looking for Oggi. If you heard Gabry2o vol. I and II you would know what im talking about..

LikonanDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 11:09 AM | Message # 88
    Europop
    Gabry2o vol.2 was quite different from its predecessor. Is was much more Electro-Pop and Trance, IMO... :)

bapjapDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 8:26 PM | Message # 89
    Europop
    I respect that it's your opinion Likonan, but really to me there is about only like 3 songs out of that album you can dance to. Brighter Day, Blue, and Body and Soul. The remixes arent that good either. The original mix of MYPD- Ain't That Enough is way better than the remix. Some tracks are just pointless, like Paki and Jaro's- Venus and, GPKJ's- PuertoRico. You can't dance to that

LikonanDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 11:58 PM | Message # 90
    Europop
    I agree with you there, babjap. :)
    Quote (bapjap)
    to me there is about only like 3 songs out of that album you can dance to. Brighter Day, Blue, and Body and Soul.

What about Dreams? :)
    Quote (bapjap)
    Some tracks are just pointless, like Paki and Jaro's- Venus and, GPKJ's- PuertoRico.

Ocean Whispers seemed pretty pointless to me as well. I found it danceable, but pretty pointless nonetheless. Anyhow, the only dance that could really fit that song was Tecktonik, I believe...

City 06 Community » Bloom 06 English Section » General Bloom 06 (English) » Club Test 02 - release date & comments
    Search:

City 06 © 2024